Saturday, February 2, 2013

The Blanket

I'm sitting on my love seat, feet up and tucked under a warm plaid blanket that my mother made me years ago. It is has an authentic Stewart plaid blanket, the red plaid not the white one, on one side and a white Stewart plaid on the other side ( the dress plaid maybe?).

It's very cozy.

It's special to me because my mom made it. Not just because of its origin but because she is not an avid seamstress. She has made many things in her day, for herself and others, but the love of sewing is not hers. For her to make this for me was a special effort, one I appreciate each cold day

I'm facing out towards my bird feeder where a male and female cardinal are enjoying a late breakfast. They are beautiful, eating together.

My fireplace houses a crackling wood fire which warms my room and my heart.

It is a good moment.

Things to be thankful for today, gifts from my God.....

1. the loving cardinal couple sharing their breakfast outside my window in the snow
2. the warm fire
3. writing my blog
4. thoughts of my mother
5. my blanket

Blessings
Christine

No comments:

Post a Comment