Friday, February 8, 2013

Snow Day

     I can't believe it has been a week already! I have celebrated my 20th wedding anniversary this week, a milestone that brings joy to both my husband and myself. We stole an hour to go out for a nice meal and rejoiced that we had both chosen to tough out the hard times. The choice to stay together and fight for our marriage was a decision I am very thankful for!
    We are having a snow day today, my bird feeder has a white tower growing on its roof. The cardinals and chickadees must use their wings like brushes to find a spot to sit and eat their breakfast. I am humbled that they visit the feeder as often as they do in the storm. I am hesitant to go out at all, nor do I need to with a full fridge. They have more fortitude than I, out of need perhaps, but I am still impressed.
    My youngest two are outside armed against the snow with enough layers to enable them to survive sub-artic conditions. This is my doing not theirs, one has already come in puffing in his mother induced heat, off comes the scarf and a lighter hat goes on.

Things to be thankful for today....

1. The happy smile on my son, going outside, tongue sticking out and skipping as he went..
2. The slower pace the snow has brought today...
3.  my husband...
4. 20 years of marriage..
6. watching my daughter hold her brother while they share the reading of a book together


No comments:

Post a Comment