Friday, February 1, 2013

My Gift List

    Last night I went to a book club. I've always wanted to host a book club, with a beautiful table, teapot and teacups and a wonderfully Victorian assortment of tea sandwiches... all with the crusts cut off, stuffed with watercress and cucumber. The choice of book always intimidated me. Maybe that's why I've never hosted one.
   This club is hosted by a woman with a big heart for people. She doesn't get distracted by the accessories the way I would. The book we are reading focuses on learning to receive God's gracious gifts to us, to look for them every day.
    The fact that when I first opened the book, I was too grumpy at the thought of being asked to be grateful to read it, was probably a good indication that this will be good for me! I've decided to take the concept to heart and start a thankful journal. Each day noticing and recording God's gifts to me....

Today:

1. the beautiful pattern on the journal I am writing in...
2. 1 hour carved from my day to write
3. The memories of an old friend.
4. the light coming in my family room window, falling on three of my children who are contently occupied with school and play.

until tomorrow ( hopefully)
Christine

No comments:

Post a Comment