Friday, February 15, 2013

Stillness

     Sometimes God brings me back to the basics, the fundamentals and my rudimentary needs in life. My life can become so complicated, so full of details and necessary clutter that I forget the need to breathe. I forget to feel the softness of a blanket, to listen to the cardinal, to call a friend and to remember that most of all...... every breath...... every relationship, every smile and every good thing are beautiful miracles given to me by my heavenly Father.
     Instead I just spin, like a hamster on a treadmill, convinced of the importance of getting somewhere, anywhere, moving determinedly forward ........not quite noticing the absence of a destination..... or worse, not being satisfied with the destination when I get there.
     Today I have slowed down, not all the way, I am still too busy with my daily clutter. It is hard to let it all go, the daily demands are so convincingly immediate, all must be done now, actually yesterday would have been preferable.
     Still, I am slowing down ..... still ..... two meanings, ....... without motion........ still .........noticing the joy........ quiet .... noticing the humour, the laughter......... the sunshine .......the softness of a blanket ....... a child's excitement ....... and in thankfulness

                            I breathe........

Blessings,
Christine

No comments:

Post a Comment